tutte le ricette > Pizza dough prepared with semolina flour
Pizza dough prepared with semolina flour
1000g Durum Wheat Semolina for Pizza
It is synonymous with Italy, it has a built-in flag, it is economic, democratic and versatile, in short it is a step before paradise. It’s pizza! A pleasure that we would like to allow ourselves more that once in a week, but whicj conventionally represents the weekend comfort food! La Molisana reap rewards of its centennial expertise on durum wheat and has created a Durum Wheat Semolina for Pizza perfect for a digestible, nutritious and filling pizza. Our Durum Wheat Semolina for Pizza rich in proteins, with high hydration capacity is ideal for long leavening. During the leavening, a thick glutinic net is formed, which helps the dough to increase in volume, remaining compact, homogeneous and easy to work. The result is a crunchy pizza, easy to digest and with an unmistakable wheat fragrance. To try!
- Pour 1000g of Durum Wheat Semolina for Pizza, 550g of water in a large bowl into which we have previously dissolved 15g of yeast and work for 5/6 minutes until a compact and homogeneous dough is obtained;
- Dissolve 25g of sales in another 150g of water in another container and incorporate into the whole semolina mixture, adding 30g of extra virgin olive oil. Knead with your hands to mix the ingredients;
- Transfer the dough onto a woodworking board, dusted with semolina and continue to knead until a homogeneous and elastic dough is obtained;
- Leave on the table to rest for 10 minutes;
- Take the dough again, cut it in two portions and knead them until 2 smooth and compact loaves are obtained;
- Leave them on the table to rest for 2 hours covered by a cloth;
- Take the dough and kneading with your hands before placing it on a baking pan;
- Add tomato puree, mozzarella cut into cubes, a few basil leaves and finally a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil;
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 250°.