tutte le ricette > Homemade durum wheat semolina pasta
Homemade Durum Wheat Semolina Pasta
500g Durum Wheat Semolina La Molisana
Homemade pasta is a gesture of love. Carefully search and weigh the ingredients, find a calm place and a right time to work undisturbed, prepare yourself with patience to tidy up afterwards. Actually it is an art and a commitment! To support you in this mission La Molisana proposes as an ally for an excellent result: the fragrant Durum Wheat Semolina, ground solely in our Mill. 100% Italian wheat and delicate sanitizing process of stone debranning, favor a healthy product rich in nutrients. The high protein content provides a firm and consistent dough, pleasant to work with. Tagliatelle, fettuccine, pappardelle, tenacious and tasty dumplings. A few steps, great result: homemade durum wheat semolina pasta masterly done!
For those who love a semolina with a smaller size, it is absolutely recommended the Double Milled Durum Wheat Semolina made with 100% Italian wheat, with a golden yellow color and a intense aroma, perfect for bread, desserts and savoury cakes.
- Collect 500g of Durum Wheat Semolina in a glass bowl;
- Dissolve a pinch of salt into a separate bowl with 250g of water;
- Pour the water with the sale on the durum wheat semolina and knead with your hands until a compact dough is obtained;
- Move the dough on a cutting board, sprinkle with a little wheat semolina and and leave it to rest for 10 minutes covered with a cotton cloth;
- Take the dough again, refresh it with a sprinkling of durum wheat semolina and roll it out with a rolling pin until a smooth sheet is obtained;
- Divide the dough into two portions. Roll each of the two dough sheets and cut them to obtain many strips of long pasta such as tagliatelle or fettuccine, depending on their thickness and length;
- Place the pasta thus obtained on a tray covered with a cloth, waiting for water to boil;
- Pour fresh pasta into water formerly salted, and cook for a few minutes, just the time until it floats on water surface;
- Drain carefully and season to taste.