recipes > Gemelli 80 with pesto
Pasta with pesto, green beans and potatoes
|DOSES: 4 people||COOKING TIME: 5-10 min||DIFFICULTY: easy|
Gemelli n.80 320g
Basil leaves 150g
Green beans 150g
Grated parmesan cheese 40g
Grated pecorino cheese 40g
Pine nuts 30g
Unshelled nuts 30g
Garlic cloves n.2
Yellow potatoes n.2 pz
Ice to taste
Extra virgin olive oil to taste
Sale and Pepe to taste
- Blanch in boiling water the basil leaves, previously cleaned and washed for 10 seconds. Drain and cool in ice and water.
- Remove from the cold water, wring out and put in the blender. Combine the extra virgin olive oil and whisk, add the previously blanched garlic, walnuts, pine nuts and keep on blending. Finish by adding the parmesan and pecorino cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the potatoes, peel and cut into cubes, peel the beans by removing the ends. In a saucepan, bring to a boil a plenty of salted water and cook together the Gemelli 80 with potatoes and after a few minutes of cooking time, add the green beans cut into pieces.
- Drain when al dente, leaving aside a ladle of cooking water, season with basil pesto. If it is needed add a bit cooking water.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and pecorino cheese.
- Recipe by Chef Nicola Vizzari