recipes > Multicoloured farfalle rigate 66 with crispy vegetables and mackerel cooked on low heat in extra virgin olive oil
MULTICOLOURED FARFALLE RIGATE 66 WITH CRISPY VEGETABLES AND MACKEREL COOKED ON LOW HEAT IN EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
|DOSES: 4 people||COOKING TIME: 10-20 min||DIFFICULTY: hard|
Farfalle Rigate 66 La Molisana 320g
Fillet of fresh mackerel 200g
Extra virgin olive oil (to cook mackerel) 150g
Taggiasche stoned black olives 50g
Sun-dried tomato 40g
Soy bean sprouts 40g
Zucchini flowers n.6
Basil leaves n.4
Small carrot n.1
White celery stick n.1
Bay leaf n.1
Small stalk of sweet cicely n.1
Clove of garlic n.1
Little bundle of chives n.1
Red onion ½
Sparkling water to taste
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Thyme to taste
- In boiling salted water cook the Farfalle rigate 66, drain the pasta 2 minutes before the cooking time, put on a plate and season with a bit of extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut the onion in small slices, marinate them in a bowl with vinegar and a bit of sparkling water for 10 minutes. This procedure provides the elimination of the onion acidity in order to eat it raw.
- Eliminate the external carrot peel, the celery filaments and the inner part of the zucchini. Cut the vegetables thinly, very thin mirepoix and put in a bowl. Add the zucchini flowers cut with the hands, soy bean sprouts, sun-dried tomatoes cut thinly sliced and the olives broken in 4 parts.Add the condiment to the pasta, season with a bit of herbs and adjust with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan or pot lay the mackarel fillet cut in a rhombus size of 3cm on one side (with the skin down-facing). Sprinkle with salt, pepper and the remaining herbs and spices (bay leaves, basil, chives, thyme, clove of garlic and sweet cicely). Cover with extra virgin olive oil, seal the pot with the plastic wrap and cook on medium heat; when the plastic wrap will be swelled up, the internal temperature have reached 70°C. Take out from the burner, wait for a couple of minutes, put again the pot on the burner and let the plastic wrap swelling again. Repeat the procedure for two or three times, it allows the cooking of the mackerel. Leave the little mackerel rhombus on a plate in order to eliminate the over oil.
- Serve the Farfalle Rigate 66 on a plate and finally lay the little mackarel rhombus on it.
- Recipe by chef Alessio Algherini